The World Aids conference is meeting in Washington, D.C. this week. One of the hightlights of the conference has been an appearence by Timothy Brown. He is the only person in the world that is known to have been cured of AIDS. Scientists refer to him as “The Berlin Patient”. He had Leukemia and was given a stem cell treatment from a patient whose blood contains a rare aids resistant antibody. Very soon after the operation, Doctors reported they could no longer find the virus. He stopped taking his AIDS medicine and the virus has not returned. This was 5 years ago. This has given researchers and patients alike a lot of hope.
- Oprah’s Life You Want Tour ONE VIP™ Experience Giveaway
- Warning: Baltimore’s Rice Supply Infested With Destructive Insect
- Larenz Tate Responds To Rumors About Joining “Scandal” Cast [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- New Shiloh Line Dance Brunch
- New STD Superbug May Be Deadlier Than AIDS; Kills Within Days
- Celebrities Who Do Not Age [PHOTOS]