The Baltimore Orioles closed out a 3-game series with the Toronto Blue Jays, beating them 3-2, to take 2 out of 3 games against the Jays at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The O’s rode a strong 7-inning pitching performance by righthander Miguel Gonzalez, who gave up 1 run on just 2 hits. He was relieved in the 8th inning by Tommy Hunter, who allowed 1 run on 3 hits. Oriole closer Jim Johnson pitched a scoreless 9th inning to record his league-leading 48th save of the season. Offensively, the Orioles were aided by a 2nd inning solo home run by catcher Matt Wieters, his 22nd of the season. The next inning was highlighted by an RBI double by right fielder Nick Markakis, and a sacrifice fly by Wieters. That turned out to be all the runs the Orioles would need to secure their 83rd victory against 76 losses.
- Larenz Tate Responds To Rumors About Joining “Scandal” Cast [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- New Shiloh Line Dance Brunch
- Marsha Ambrosius Makes Grown and Sexy Music on New Release ‘Friends and Lovers’
- New STD Superbug May Be Deadlier Than AIDS; Kills Within Days
- Celebrities Who Do Not Age [PHOTOS]
- Why Don’t Black People Get Married? [ORIGINAL]