A code blue weather alert is in effect for the city of Baltimore as most of the northern region is experiencing frigid temperatures. Cooler temperatures are also hitting the parts of the south. We can expect this deep freeze to continue through the weekend.
An alert has been issued by The Baltimore City Health Department, citing that with such drastically low temperatures there is concern for hypothermia.
A Baltimore weather alert is in effect through Sunday. Emergency shelters will have extended hours providing heat and shelter to the city’s homeless.
In case of a weather related emergency The Office of Home Energy, is available to assist you with energy assistance, please call 410-396-5555.
Healthy cold weather tips provided by: Baltimore City
- Wear multiple layers of loose-fitting clothing.
- Always wear a head covering, like a hat and/or scarf, when outdoors.
- Keep space heaters and candles away from flammable materials, such as curtains, furniture and loose clothing.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Check on those who are elderly and/or chronically ill.
- Provide appropriate shelter for domestic animals.