The family of Maya Angelou has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only but the university has decided to livestream the service for the public. Watch it live here.
And share your thoughts on the legacy of Maya Angelou in the comments below. How did the phenomenal woman touch your life?
- 20 Facts You Didn’t Know About Maya Angelou
- Oprah Remembers Her First Meeting With Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou: Activist and Pan Africanist
- India.Arie Shares How Maya Angelou Influenced Her
- Congressmen G.K. Butterfield and Charlie Rangel Reflect On Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou On the Importance Of Speaking the Truth
Teyana Taylor Addresses Court Docs Naming Iman Shumpert’s Cheating Scandals & “Narcissistic Behavior,” Social Media Responds
SWAT Raids 77 Year Old Woman's Home; Gay Rights And Religion At The Supreme Court; & 10 year Old Charged As An Adult
Same Day: Spa Shooter Bought His Gun Faster Than Georgia Voter Registration Takes
Tiffany Haddish Arrested For DUI After Falling Asleep Behind The Wheel…Again
New Shiloh Baptist Church
Radio One Baltimore's Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Brunch
Urban One Presents #REPRESENT Men’s Health Initiative
Quiz: Can You Name These Black TV Best Friends?