22-year-old Whitney McClain‘s debut single “Bombs Away” surpassed a million plays on YouTube, prompting the song to meet some more success with streaming, and even getting picked up by iHeartRadio stations.
The singer/songwriter takes most of her cues from her nostalgic appreciation of classic greats, citing the likes of Earth, Wind & Fire, the sounds of Motown, as well as today’s soulful superstars like Beyonce, Adele and Amy Winehouse.
Her forthcoming EP, “Nothing to Lose” off of which “Bombs Away” is the lead single, is full of those nostalgic sounds; blaring horns, 60s vibes and funky electric guitars. The EP is set to drop on April 15th.
Check out “Bombs Away” on the audio player above, and be sure to find Whitney on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram!
Whitney McClain “Bombs Away” [NEW MUSIC] was originally published on thedlhughleyshow.com
Also On Magic 95.9:
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Denzel and Pauletta Washington
1 of 10
2. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson
2 of 10
3. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peet
3 of 10
4. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict
4 of 10
5. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith
5 of 10
6. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee
6 of 10
7. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe
7 of 10
8. Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert
8 of 10
9. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker
9 of 10
10. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Morris
10 of 10