The Obama’s continue to relish in their lives as citizens, unbothered, unbossed and unbought.
On Monday, former President Barack Obama accepted the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award, but didn’t forget to spread love and admiration for his partner in life, Michelle Obama.
“I also want to thank Michelle Obama for after the presidency sticking with me because I think she felt an obligation to the country to stay on,” Obama said while the crowd laughed. “But once her official duties were over, it wasn’t clear.”
“I love my wife. And I’m grateful for her,” he continued. “And I do believe that it was America’s great good fortune to have her as first lady.”
Obama spoke to a large room of supporters during Monday’s ceremony which took place at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Library and Museum in Boston, Massachusetts.
But the love fest wasn’t done yet.
Social media quickly lit up after a picture of Obama giving his wife the “eyes of approval” as she walked by, blew up the timeline.
View this post on Instagram
Former U.S. President Barack Obama looks at his wife Michelle after receiving the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award. #politics #photography #photojournalism #bostonglobeassignment #bgshare #latergram #ig_america #ig_americas #igersboston #igers @instagram @barackobama
Once again, proving there’s nothing wrong with appreciating a smart, savvy, beautiful, woman.
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source: 1 of 8
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source: 2 of 8
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source: 3 of 8
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source: 4 of 8
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source: 5 of 8
6. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source: 6 of 8
7. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source: 7 of 8
8. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source: 8 of 8
Bask In The Love: Barack Obama Gives His Wife Michelle Mad Props For Holding Him Down was originally published on hellobeautiful.com