The South Carolina Gamecocks are still waiting for their invitation to the White House after winning the championship. According to Time, the head coach, Dawn Staley said, “We haven’t gotten an invitation yet and that in itself speaks volumes. We won before those other teams won their championships. I don’t know what else has to happen.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The team won the championship in April and at this point even if they got an invitation they probably wouldn’t go. Staley isn’t losing sleep over this and the White House hasn’t responded to this.
Since 1983 every NCAA women’s basketball championship team has been invited to the White House. Earlier this month the invitation to the White House was taken back by Trump, but the Golden State Warriors weren’t so bothered. We will keep you updated on if the White House sends out the invite.
Steph Curry & Kevin Durant Celebrate Warriors Championship! [PHOTOS]
1. Steph Curry & His DaughtersSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Kevin Durant Hugs His Mother Wanda DurantSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Wanda Durant & Kevin DurantSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Steph Curry & Wanda DurantSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Steph Curry With His Wife & DaughterSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Steph Curry With His FamilySource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Steph CurrySource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Steph Curry With His DaughtersSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Steph Curry With His DaughterSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Steph Curry, Bill Russell & Kevin DurantSource:Getty 10 of 10
Championship Winning Women’s Basketball Team Still Hasn’t Received White House Invitation was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com