Diarra Kilpatrick is a woman that everyone needs to know. She is an actress on the rise starring in a digital ABC tv show she created called American Koko that’s executive produced by Viola Davis.
“I play a woman named Akosua Millard who has recently recovered from angry black woman syndrome…She sometimes gets a little wrapped up in her anger and in society and media…She’s trying to fix America’s race problem including her own,” explains Kilpatrick.
Sounds like a great show, right? Check out her interview with Jacque Reid above!
1. Fourth Annual WWD HonorsSource:WENN 1 of 12
2. Nelson MandelaSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Miu Miu: Front Row - Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2014Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. Chipo ChungSource:WENN 4 of 12
5. Edi GathegiSource:WENN 5 of 12
6. Ger DuanySource:WENN 6 of 12
7. Miriam MakebaSource:WENN 7 of 12
8. World Premiere of Marvel Studios Black PantherSource:WENN 8 of 12
9. Sophie OkonedoSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. David OyelowoSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Danai GuriraSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Richard AyoadeSource:WENN 12 of 12
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Inside Her Story: Everyone Needs To Know Diarra Kilpatrick was originally published on blackamericaweb.com