Why can’t people just let Black woman live?
A Dallas TV anchor is being criticized for her curvaceous frame and her choice of clothes.
On Friday, a viewer’s Facebook post criticizing Demetria Obilor for being a “size 16/18 woman in a size 6 dress” went viral after Twitter user Mother of Draggings posted this woman’s salty tears for the world to see.
Jan Shedd, the white woman behind the post, wrote, “She looks ridiculous. I understand that when I watch Channel 8 I’m going to get biased reporting and political correctness, but clearly they have taken complete leave of their senses.”
Yeah, she tried it! But don’t worry, Twitter finished it, calling out Jan’s body shaming nonsense and showing love for #TrafficBae:
Of course, Ms. Jan is now playing the victim, saying that she’s being attacked by the “racist mafia” and swearing that her post had nothing to do with race.
However, Obilar got the last and final word on the issue, when she posted this video on Twitter thanking those who defended her against Shedd’s negativity.
This is the way that I’m built. This is the way I was born. I’m not going anywhere, so if you don’t like it, you have your options,” she said.
“Now, to the people who show love: I love you right back”
Speak on it! Demetria we think you look beautiful, so keep doing you!
18 Curvy & Beautiful Celebs Who Give Us Body (PHOTOS)
1. Jazmine SullivanSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Danielle BrooksSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Octavia SpencerSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Queen LatifahSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Niecy NashSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. NeNe LeakesSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Candice GloverSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Kim ColesSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Mo'NiqueSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. AdeleSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Kandi BurrusSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Jill ScottSource:Getty 12 of 12
Let A Sista Live! #TrafficBae TV Anchor Criticized For Her Curves And On-Air Outfits was originally published on hellobeautiful.com