Puerto Rico is still feeling the effects and devastation that was brought on by Hurricane Maria. People there are still without electricity, clean water and most haven’t been able to work in nearly two months. According to Huffington Post, the owner of TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods are still paying their associates.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
These workers haven’t been able to go back, but are still able to receive full time paychecks. The company said, “Based on the devastating situation in Puerto Rico, we can confirm that we have continued to pay our TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods associates on the island. We believe it is the right thing for us to do under these circumstances.” Even the vice president of communications talked about the 29 stores located in Puerto Rico, but isn’t sure how many will remain closed.
A father of one of the workers spoke out in a Facebook message thanking the company for allowing income to still come into their household. Restoring power has been a long process and there has been no word on when it will come back on everywhere. In a report certain regions had power, but the delays keep happening.
- Jazzy Report: People Want To Sell Montana To Canada?
- DL’s Top 10 Signs You’re A Side Piece
- Burberry Apologizes for Hoodie with Noose on Their Runway
- Kamala Harris Rises In Polls As New Surveys Show Biden Less Dominant
12 People Who Came To Puerto Rico’s Rescue Instead Of Trump [PHOTOS]
1. Donald TrumpSource: 1 of 11
2. PitbullSource: 2 of 11
3. Jay ZSource: 3 of 11
4. Fat JoeSource: 4 of 11
5. BeyoncéSource: 5 of 11
6. Rosie PerezSource: 6 of 11
7. Bethenny FrankelSource: 7 of 11
8. Lin-Manuel MirandaSource: 8 of 11
9. Ricky MartinSource: 9 of 11
10. Gloria Estefan & José AndrésSource: 10 of 11
11. Jennifer Lopez & Alex RodriguezSource: 11 of 11
TJ Maxx Owner Still Paying Employees That Live In Puerto Rico was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com