The pair expressed interest in buying the team after its current owner, Jerry Richardson, resigned over sexual harassment allegations. According to Yahoo! Sports, they are now meeting with potential investors in hopes of “shaping a prospective ownership group.”
Kaepernick has already begun reaching out to a handful of business leaders, venture capitalists, and sports icons to discuss an ownership group, according to the report.
The site said Diddy and Kaepernick have a “shared vision” about creating an ownership group that more closely represents the racial makeup of the league’s players, which is about 70 percent African-American.
Diddy has yet to comment on the Yahoo Sports! report, but continues to send out cryptic tweets, one of which featured a black panther walking in slow motion and another that read: “A lot of times people see your dreams as crazy… Don’t ever be afraid to dream.”
Celebrities That Have Taken A Knee
1. DiddySource: 1 of 14
2. Uzo AdubaSource: 2 of 14
3. ZendayaSource: 3 of 14
4. Savion WrightSource: 4 of 14
5. Jesse WilliamsSource: 5 of 14
6. Stevie WonderSource: 6 of 14
7. John LegendSource: 7 of 14
8. Yara ShahidiSource: 8 of 14
9. Ava DuVernaySource: 9 of 14
10. Samuel L. JacksonSource: 10 of 14
11. Lee DanielsSource: 11 of 14
12. Tracee Ellis RossSource: 12 of 14
13. Pharrell WilliamsSource: 13 of 14
14. Jason Winston George & the cast of "Grey's Anatomy"Source: 14 of 14
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Diddy, Colin Kaepernick Planning To Make A Bid For Carolina Panthers was originally published on blackamericaweb.com