Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- Here’s A Sleek And Chic Protective Style For Natural Girls This Summer
- Urban One Presents #REPRESENT Men’s Health Initiative
- WWE Superstar Allegedly Assaulted By Fan Following Money In The Bank PPV
- British Pound Cakes: Idris Elba & Sabrina Dhowre’s Romantic Vacation Is Serving Real Body Goals
- Over 10 People Were Shot In Baltimore Over The Weekend
- Baltimore Ranked 8th In Country For Worst Traffic
- Dave Chappelle Is Pushing Maryland’s Next Potential Governor To Legalize Weed
- Meme Queen: Beyoncé Hits The Bill Cosby Lean During “On The Run II”
- Here’s An Artistic Breakdown Of The Carters’ New “APESHIT” Video
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children