Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- Multiple Deaths Reported In Warehouse Shooting In Harford County
- City Police Respond To 3 Separate Shootings In Less Than An Hour
- Morning Minute: Donald Trump’s Stupidity Strikes Again!
- Huggy Lowdown: We Like Maroon 5, But Not In ATL
- Black Moms Matter: Would You Do What’s Right?
- Top Of The Morning: ‘Beat That Jingle’
- Little Known Black History Fact: Leontine Kelly
- Question Of The Night: How Do You Think You Are Going To Meet Your Partner
- Texans Back Watson After Area Superindentent Makes Racist Comment On Facebook
- Bye, ESPN! Jemele Hill Has A New Job And It’s With LeBron James