Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- Anti-Vaxxers Land On WHO’s Top Global Health Threats List
- Fill Out Our Music Survey To Win $175 Plus Tickets to See Mike Epps & Friends
- Calls To Boycott GM Grow As Black Workers Sue For Racist Work Environment
- Video: City Girls and Cardi B Crash The Internet w/ “Twerk” Anthem
- Gladys Knight To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl
- Celebrity Birthdays January 17
- Thirsty Thursday: How Soon Do You Ask A Love Interest About Their Finances?
- Louisville Airport to Be Renamed After Muhammad Ali
- Journalist Fired For Wearing Natural Hair
- Cardi B Weighs In On The Government Shutdown: “This Sh*t Is Really Serious!” [VIDEO]