Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- Report: Did John Singleton Have a Stroke?
- Dee Barnes Asked About Dr. Dre Sexually Abusing Her, Dodges Question
- Yes They Still Exist: Blackberry Releases Red Version Of Key2 Smartphone, Boasts Minor Upgrades
- Prosecutors Say South Carolina 5th Grader Died Of Natural Causes, Not From Fight
- Brian Banks Accused Of Masturbating In Front Of Maid, Slapped With $10M Lawsuit
- Baltimore Remembers the Life of Freddie Gray with Weekend Events
- Michelle Obama Praises Beyonce For ‘Homecoming’ Doc: ‘Girl, You Make Me So Proud’
- Back To Jail? R. Kelly Missed Last Two Child Support Payments: Report
- Eva Marcille Reveals Kevin McCall Assaulted Her While Her Daughter Was In Her Arms
- Police Tell Philadelphia Barber To Stop Providing Free Haircuts To Homeless