Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.”
Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Famous Jazz Musician Gives Back To Baltimore Children
- Can’t Let Go: Vince And Tamar In Counseling, Tamar Denies He Cheated
- Philly Pastor Lets His Christian Choppa Sing From The Pulpit By Calling Makeup And Weave Wearing Women “Hoes”
- Tamar And Vince Appeared On ‘The View’ To Speak On State Of Their Marriage And It Was Uncomfortable
- Emotional K. Michelle Says Her Struggle With Drugs Ruined Her Reputation With Radio Stations
- Celebrate Your Crown: Natural Hair Emojis Are Here
- Bills Restricting Guns Are Being Considered By Maryland Legislators
- B’More History Maker: Erricka Bridgeford
- Rep. John Lewis To Be Honored At Civil Rights Museum
- Tisha Campbell-Martin And Duane Martin Divorcing After 27 Years Of Marriage