Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Angela Davis’ Collection Of Work Will Live At Harvard University
- NFL Player Claps Back At Fox News Anchor For Talking About LeBron James [VIDEO]
- Chloe X Halle “The Kids Are Alright” [NEW MUSIC VIDEO]
- Viola Davis Opens Up About Growing Up In Extreme Poverty [VIDEO]
- Trying To Sneak Into The ‘Black Panther’ Movie Was An Epic Fail
- Omarosa Had The Most Peculiar Reaction When Asked If She Had Sex With Donald Trump
- The Black Superstars Behind The Box Office Record Breaker Black Panther
- It Don’t Smell Right. Wakanda Shady Stuff Is This? Towson Theater Cancels Black Panther Screenings
- Joe Jackson’s Secret Daughter Talks Relationship With The Jacksons
- Drake’s New Social Media Challenge Is Exactly What The World Needs Right Now