Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- What Does Gary Owen Really Think About Being Mistaken For Tommy Egan?
- Lounge In Love: Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas Becomes The Face Of DAYO Loungewear
- Benzino Pleads Guilty in Felony Molly and Weed Case
- Everything You Need To Know About Survivor Soul Stroll 2019
- Ella Mai’s Time is Money in “Shot Clock” Video
- FYI: This Is Why The Doll Of Serena Williams’ Daughter Has Over 90,000 Followers On Instagram
- Anti-Vaxxers Land On WHO’s Top Global Health Threats List
- We Can All Stop With The 10 Year Challenge Now Because Mariah Carey Won
- Fill Out Our Music Survey To Win $175 Plus Tickets to See Mike Epps & Friends
- Calls To Boycott GM Grow As Black Workers Sue For Racist Work Environment