Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- B’More In The Know: Enoch Pratt Library Gets National Recognition, A Few Starbucks May Be Closing In Maryland & More [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Jesse Williams Ordered To Pay $100,000 A Month In Child Support
- Mary J. Blige To Star In Police Brutality Themed Horror Film “Body Cam”
- Black Music Month: Stevie Wonder
- #SayHerName: Woman Shot And Killed By Boyfriend Outside Family Dollar Over $36
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Recap Season 3, Episodes 4 And 5: Family Business
- New Scam Alert! You Won’t Be NIKE’s New Brand Ambassador — Sorry
- Major Money Moves: Akon is Launching His Own Cryptocurrency Called “Akoin”
- Canada Becomes Second Country to Legalize Recreational Marijuana
- Pride: 9-Year Old Boy Is Bullied For Wearing Lipstick & Cousins Defends Him In A Boss Way