After deliberations for the Korryn Gaines wrongful death civil trial, the jury has awarded her family $37 million in damages.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
WJZ reports: “The jury found Friday that the first shot Baltimore County Cpl. Royce Ruby fired at Gaines was not objectively reasonable. Attorneys for Gaines’ family claimed officers used excessive force when they fatally shot her and injured her 5-year-old son, Kodi Gaines. They also say Baltimore County police were reckless, irresponsible and violated her rights by illegally entering her apartment.”
In 2016, Gaines was killed during a stand off with police in her Randallstown apartment where her son was injured. Her son will receive $32 million of the $37 million.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Man Arrested in Hit-and-Run That Killed Towson University Student
- Participate in the 19th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- Orioles Hire Brandon Hyde as New Manager
SOURCE: CBS Baltimore
Pioneer Women Of The Civil Rights Movement
1. Dr.Dorothy HeightSource: 1 of 7
2. Septima ClarkSource: 2 of 7
3. Fannie Lou HamerSource: 3 of 7
4. Daisy BatesSource: 4 of 7
5. Amelia BoyntonSource: 5 of 7
6. Diane NashSource: 6 of 7
7. Rosa ParksSource: 7 of 7
Jury Awards Korryn Gaines’ Family $37 Million In Damages was originally published on 92q.com