Over the last couple of years minimum wage has been raised around the country. One Chick-fil-A franchise in California has decided to start paying some of his employees $17 an hour. Currently the employees are being paid $12 to $13, but he believes they deserve more.
Click 2 Houston reports that Eric Mason has owned this particular Chick-fil-A near the Sacramento airport for the last three years. Eric said, “When we go to the living wage, we’re looking for people who are trying to raise families, improve their lifestyle. Maybe they could just work one job, and then it’s sustainable. What that does for the business is provide consistency, someone that has relationships with our guests. It’s going to be building a long-term culture.”
Starting next week Eric will be hiring 35 to 45 people at the new rate that will work as “hospitality personalities.” California’s minimum wage is $11 an hour and will go up to $15 by 2022. Carey Klosterman, director of research and compensation services at the California Employers Association said, “All responsible employers are preparing for the impact of the increasing minimum wage, but they are usually doing it over time and planning for it.”
Eric is hoping that the increase in wages will decrease the number of people leaving in the long run. If you are lucky enough to get the job it states, “must love to smile & connect with people, make eye contact & speak enthusiastically” and “makes working hard and delivering high standards look easy and effortless, enabling others to be efficient and effortless as well.” Do you think this will make more franchises raise wages?
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 23, 2020: Trump vs. Biden — Updated CDC Guidelines — Costly Trading Mistakes
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
- The 2021 Top 25 Best Public High Schools in the Baltimore Area
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 22, 2020: Last Chance: Final Presidential Debate — Threats Of Voter Suppression Rise — Pope Francis Addresses Racism
- Maryland Man Threatening To Kill Joe Biden And Kamala Harris Has Been Arrested And Charged
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 21, 2020: Republicans Voting For Biden — Black Business Outlook — Akon’s $6 Billion City
- Jekalyn Carr Confirms Relationship With NFL Player Jawaan M. Taylor [PHOTO]
- Rush Limbaugh’s Most Racist Quotes: A Timeline Of Destructive Commentary
- Ben Crump Calls For New, Independent Prosecutor To ‘Seek Justice For Breonna Taylor’ After Grand Juror Speaks Out
- ‘Truth Be Told’: Breonna Taylor Grand Juror Breaks Silence, Suggests Daniel ‘Sellout’ Cameron Lied