Source: Independent News and Media / Getty
You can’t talk about great revolutionaries of the world without mentioning the GOAT of the movement: Mr. Nelson Mandela.
The former South African President had a long, tumultuous life trying to end apartheid and bring peace to homeland — not to mention he was the country’s first Black head of state.
Despite being deemed a controversial figure for most of his life, Mandela, a Nobel Peace Prize, is also viewed as an icon and “Father Of The Nation” to most South Africans.
In honor of the late legend’s 100th birthday, check out these beautiful rare photos of Mandela throughout his life.
17 Rare Photos Of Nelson Mandela Letting Freedom Ring
17 photos Launch gallery
1. Young Revolutionary
1 of 17
2. Mandela visting Martin Luther King's memorial in Atlanta.
2 of 17
3. Mandela with his daughter Zindzi Mandela at her 1992 wedding in Soweto.
3 of 17
4. Baby faced Madiba
4 of 17
5. Mandela was for the people way before becoming a political leader.
5 of 17
6. Mandela's meet the Kennedy's.
6 of 17
7. Mandela Takes London
7 of 17
8. Mandela Gives A Powerful Speech After Being Released From Prison
8 of 17
9. Nelson with his dear friend Whoopi Goldberg back in the day.
9 of 17
10. Baby Love.
10 of 17
11. Mandela With Hilary Clinton.
11 of 17
12. That revolutionary love.
12 of 17
13. It never dies.
13 of 17
14. Mandela loved visiting sick kids.
14 of 17
15. Madiba Loves The People.
15 of 17
16. Always showing love.
16 of 17
17. Mandela greets supporters after his release from prison.
17 of 17
Happy 100th Birthday Nelson Mandela: 17 Rare Photos Of The South African President Letting Freedom Ring was originally published on globalgrind.com