Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CandyStore.com looked at their sales data from 2007-2017 and partnered with major candy manufacturers to confirm their conclusions. Overall, Skittles, M&Ms, Snickers, Reese’s Cups, Starburst, Candy Corn, Hot Tamales, Hershey’s, Tootsie Pops and Jolly Ranchers topped “America’s Top 10 Halloween Candy” list respectively, but the three states who consumed Skittles, for example, the most, were California, South Carolina and Pennsylvania.
This year, the National Retail Federation estimates that consumers will spend about $2.6 billion on Halloween candy. To put that number into perspective, here are some quick facts about candy during this season:
- 179 million Americans celebrate Halloween
- Among those who celebrate Halloween, 95% will purchase candy
- People spend an average of $27 on Halloween candy
- Over 50% of people stash Halloween candy to nibble on throughout the year
Play with the interactive map above and check out the top candy list below to see where your state ranks!
READ MORE STORIES ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- 3-Year-Old Girl Dies After ‘Heinous’ Sexual Assault And Beating, Police Say
- Sisterly Love: 5 Reasons Why The Venus & Serena Williams Australian Open Match Will Be Special
- DL’s Top 10 Things Every Girl Who Is Dating Has Said At Least Once
Unforgettable Celebrity Halloween Costumes of 2017 [PHOTOS]
1. Kim Kardashian Is CherSource: 1 of 7
2. Kim Kardashian Is CherSource: 2 of 7
3. Marlo Hampton As Halle Berry In BAPSSource: 3 of 7
4. Marlo Hampton As Halle Berry In BAPSSource: 4 of 7
5. Kandi Burruss As PennywiseSource: 5 of 7
6. Kandi Burrus And Todd Tucker As LL Cool TSource: 6 of 7
7. NeNe & Gregg Leakes As Pest ControlSource: 7 of 7
Interactive Map: Which Halloween Candy Is Most Popular In Your State? was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com