Tyler Perry is having conversations with Paramount Global about the purchase of a majority stake in BET Media Group.
Perry, 53, already owns a minority stake in the company. He has a long history with both BET and Paramount, which could help with the purchasing process should the two sides decide to move forward. Both companies have played significant roles in Perry’s entertainment career, with BET helping to fund Perry’s ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ nearly 20 years ago.
Paramount, like most TV entertainment companies, has been making a lot of moves lately. If they move forward with Perry it could help in their desire to continue the rebrand of Paramount + and Pluto TV, the ad-supported streaming service that also falls within the Paramount umbrella.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Earlier this year, Paramount announced it would be rebranding both Showtime’s linear and streaming platforms as Paramount+ With Showtime, folding the iconic brand into its priority streamer Paramount+. The move has already led to significant leadership changes and layoffs across the company.
Representatives for Paramount Global and Perry did not immediately respond to request for comment.
To finish the report from Variety, [click here].
- Fiery Crash Leaves Two MTA Police Officers Injured
- Baltimore Ravens To Host Draft Night Party At M&T Bank Stadium
- HBCU U-KNOW: Morgan State’s Valerie Thomas is the Mother of 3D [LISTEN]
- Marjorie Harvey Gifts Steve Harvey A Virgil Edition Maybach
- Damson Idris Talks Relationship With Lori Harvey: ‘Life Is Great’
- Gabrielle Union And Her Daughter Recite Self-Affirmations Together In A Touching Instagram Reel
- Jodie-Turner Smith Says Biracial Daughter Is Helping Her ‘Heal’ From Colorism Issues
- Everything We Know: Jonathan Majors Arraigned On Assault Charges
- Leslie Odom Jr. To Perform With The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Trent Shelton Explains the Importance of Relationship Building
Tyler Perry May Purchase Majority Stake in BET From Paramount Global was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Rev. Alfred C.D. Vaughn, Pastor Of The Sharon Baptist Church In Baltimore, Has Died
Evelyn Lozada Is Engaged to Her ‘Queens Court’ Finalist Lavon Lewis
Rudolph Isley Sues Brother Ron Over “Isley Brothers” Trademark
Can’t Say Goodbye: 15 Bobby Caldwell Songs We Won’t Soon Forget
Kandi & Tiny Respond To Critics After Saying Xscape Has Larger Fanbase Than SWV & Demanding They Headline Tour
Lamar Jackson Requests Trade From Baltimore Ravens
Win FREE New Edition Legacy Tour Tix + $200 CASH!! [Details Here]
10 Potential Castmates For ‘The Real Housewives Of New Orleans’