SWV, one of the top-selling female groups of all-time will release their fifth album Still, Friday, February 5th. Coko, Taj and LeLee talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about their new single, Man Crush Everyday, how they met 24 years ago and their desire to be the female New Edition.
How did they start the group?
“We grew up together. This is Lelee’s baby. We all love singing. We thought we could be the female version of New Edition.”
Songs like Love Song and Leaving You Alone reminds fans that the vocal powerhouses are no strangers to R&B and will immediately stir up some old feelings if you’re not careful.
02. MCE (Man Crush Everyday)
03. On Tonight
04. Let’s Make Music
05. Ain’t No Man
06. Love Song
07. When Love Didn’t Hurt
08. Miss You
09. Leaving You Alone
10. What We Gone Do
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song "Hold On." (Photo: Retna)1 of 10
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)2 of 10
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil' Kim video. (Photo: Retna)3 of 10
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song "If You Love Me." (Photo: EURweb)4 of 10
5. 5. Destiny's Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)5 of 10
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song "Don't Walk Away."6 of 10
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song "He's Mine." (The Urban Daily)7 of 10
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90's. (Photo: Rance Elgin)8 of 10
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.9 of 10
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)10 of 10
(Photo Source: Courtesy)