Misty Copeland, the first African-American principal dancer with American Ballet Theater has a new book where she shares excerpts from her journal and includes real-life recipes. She talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about Ballerina Body: Dancing and Eating Your Way To A Leaner, Stronger And More Graceful You.
What does a Ballerina’s body look like?
“That definition is different from maybe the world view as a ballerina’s body. Over the course of my 15 year career, I had to define what it was. Being a black woman, who’s natural muscular with a bust…a common myth is that we don’t eat. I wanted to give people a better look at behind the scenes and to get rid of all that negative stereotypes for dancers. They would know that we have to fuel our bodies. I compare us to athletes,” she said.
Click the link below to hear the entire interview.
Celebrity Gym Junkies
1. The RockSource:Instagram 1 of 12
2. Porsha WilliamsSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Khloe KardashianSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 4 of 12
5. The GameSource:IG 5 of 12
6. Tracee Ellis RossSource:Instagram 6 of 12
7. Jeanette JenkinsSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Kelly RowlandSource:Instagram 8 of 12
9. Evelyn LozadaSource:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Lebron JamesSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Kevin Hart and fiance Eniko ParrishSource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. AJ JohnsonSource:Instagram 12 of 12
(Photo Source: Courtesy of Gregg Delman)
Misty Copeland Shares Fitness & Recipe Secrets In ‘Ballerina Body’ was originally published on BlackAmericaWeb.com