Russell Poole, an ex-LAPD detective who worked on the Biggie Smalls case for about a year, died of a suspected heart attack on Wednesday morning.
The LA Times reports:
Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies at the Homicide Bureau reported that Russell Poole collapsed Wednesday morning, according to a sheriff’s department official. He was meeting with detectives about a cold case when he collapsed and was unresponsive. He was rushed to a local hospital, where he died, the coroner’s office said.
Tensions grew over the direction Poole took in multiple cases, “including Wallace’s murder,” which led to him quitting the force in 1999, according to the same publication.
Suge Knight is currently behind bars, standing trial for a separate murder not involving Biggie’s case. We pray for Poole’s loved ones during this difficult time and may he rest in peace.
SOURCE: LA Times | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
18 Surprising Facts About Tupac Shakur
1. While at a hotel with his ex-wife, Keisha Morris, the room they were in caught fire. Reportedly, "Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn’t trust her because she didn’t stay with him to fight the fire."Source:Getty 1 of 18
2. Tupac bought Biggie Smalls his first Rolex.Source:false 2 of 18
3. His mom originally named him Lesane Parish Crooks.Source:Getty 3 of 18
4. Tupac's mom, Afeni Shakur, was a Black Panther, in jail on bombing charges at the time of her pregnancy with the rapper.Source:Getty 4 of 18
5. Tupac was homeless when he first moved to California, living in different shelters for approximately two years.Source:Getty 5 of 18
6. Tupac was a really big fan of actor Jim Carrey.Source:Getty 6 of 18
7. Though Tupac is known for representing the West Coast, he was actually born on the East side of Harlem.Source:Getty 7 of 18
8. Tupac once cried after talking to Maya Angelou on the set of "Poetic Justice."Source:Getty 8 of 18
9. When marrying Keisha Morris, the priest got to the part where he states "with all your worldly possessions..." Tupac interrupted, letting the priest know: "Well, Keisha can’t have my pool table or my big screen TV.”Source:Getty 9 of 18
10. During an altercation in 1993, Tupac shot two policemen - one in the leg and the other in the butt. Charges against the rapper were later dropped.Source:Getty 10 of 18
11. Tupac and Fredo Starr met at the premiere of "Sunset Park."Source:Getty 11 of 18
12. Mike Dyson says that during Tupac's final hours on Earth, "Vincent" by Don Maclean was played repetitively.Source:Getty 12 of 18
13. He and Jada Pinkett Smith once kissed to see if they had any chemistry - but according to Jada, "It had to be the most disgusting kiss for us both."Source:Getty 13 of 18
14. Tupac spent 15 days in prison after punching "Menace II Society" director Allen Hughes in the face. He was later replaced by Lorenz Tate. Witnesses say it was more like Hughes was fighting 30 people, referring to Tupac's entourage who was allegedly jumping him.Source:false 14 of 18
15. Pac was required to take an HIV test before doing love scenes with Janet Jackson in "Poetic Justice."Source:false 15 of 18
16. When he died, he was engaged to actress Kidada Jones.Source:false 16 of 18
17. Tupac got his last name from his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur.Source:false 17 of 18
18. Tupac reportedly had sex with almost all of the women in his x-rated music video "How Do U Want It," then passed out from exhaustion.Source:Getty 18 of 18
LAPD Detective Who Worked On Biggie Smalls Case Dies Of Suspected Heart Attack was originally published on globalgrind.com