Remember when Serena Williams‘ cakes broke the internet and we were asking how many squats, per hour, do we need to do to get that thick? Well the tennis champ wasn’t just showing off, she was working!
Serena recently built a new school in Jamaica! While some celebs may simply write a check towards a good cause, Queen Serena is no stranger to hard work! She posted photos and videos where she’s painting the school and getting her hands dirty while doing construction.
Her non-profit, the Serena Williams Fund partnered with Helping Hands Jamaica to build the Salt Marsh Primary School. The mission of her charity is to help “individuals or communities effected by senseless violence, and [ensure] equal access to education.”
This is the third school Serena has built. Previous secondary schools were created in partnership with Build Africa Schools in Uganda and Kenya.
Check out photos and video from Serena’s trip below!
Serena Williams Attends Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson Of The Year Ceremony
1. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. 14502785867656Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. 14502785887787Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. 14502786160102Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. 1450278173556Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. 14502781875377Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. 14502785580835Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. 14502785516236Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. 14502782032022Source:Getty 10 of 10
#BlackGirlMagic: Serena Williams Just Built A School In Jamaica was originally published on hellobeautiful.com