Tyrese lauded his new wife’s “submissiveness” as one of the many traits that made him choose her.
The word “submissive” can set people off. Should a wife be submissive? If a man asks for it, is it an automatic turn off?
- I do not like that word. It totally turns me off. Not interested in anyone that tosses it around in conversation. And I love a strong man.
- If you can’t be submissive to your man your with the wrong man. Submissiveness requires trust. You need to trust that power you give to a man he won’t abuse it
- Submissive to your husband is a necessity . That’s why choosing the right man is important . You should be able to be submissive to a man who leads you and you can trust had y’all best intention in mind.
- Why women see submission as a negative, I will never understand. I’m submissive to my husband, because I trust him to lead our family. If I didn’t trust him in that way, I wouldn’t have married him.
- Being submissive doesn’t have to be a negative thing. A lot of woman want a man but then want to wear the pants and be the man except where the finances are concerned. The key to choosing a man is to find one that you can trust to do his part as the head o the family then the submissiveness will be earned.
- It’s biblical in nature. But people should really learn what that entails. I have a very dominant personality. But I watched my mom be submissive to my dad, for 50 years!!! So there must be something to it
- To have a submissive wife, you must be worthy of submission. If you don’t show proper respect for her and others, you can’t expect submission. Actually if a man is doing it right, it will happen without anyone noticing.
- I observe that many men demand “submission” from their women ( especially their wife ) out of proper context of the word and of the act of submission. As do some women. Submission within the context of marriage should never be construed as weak, passive blindly obedient or otherwise. Submission is within a healthy marriage reflects empathy, willingness, selflessness, patience, understanding, love and power.