Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against NFL owners accusing them of collusion in keeping him from playing in the NFL. Trial attorney Monique Pressley gives her account of the situation with TV One’s Roland Martin.
“They are only filing this after trying in earnest with each an every team in the NFL. Now they can say that there ‘s not one single team that can hire,” Kaepernick to play explained Pressley.
Both Pressley and Martin believe this is solid evidence in proving NFL owners were involved in collusion against Kaepernick.
“Early on during the free agent period, there were teams that wouldn’t give a reason why they wouldn’t consider him. With him hiring Geragos that’s the signal ‘I’m not playing,’” informed Pressley.
And because owners refused to give him a chance, it leaves them open to deposition under oath. This means anything from emails, phone calls and text messages between coaches can be used against them.
Celebrities That Have Taken A Knee
1. DiddySource: 1 of 14
2. Uzo AdubaSource: 2 of 14
3. ZendayaSource: 3 of 14
4. Savion WrightSource: 4 of 14
5. Jesse WilliamsSource: 5 of 14
6. Stevie WonderSource: 6 of 14
7. John LegendSource: 7 of 14
8. Yara ShahidiSource: 8 of 14
9. Ava DuVernaySource: 9 of 14
10. Samuel L. JacksonSource: 10 of 14
11. Lee DanielsSource: 11 of 14
12. Tracee Ellis RossSource: 12 of 14
13. Pharrell WilliamsSource: 13 of 14
14. Jason Winston George & the cast of "Grey's Anatomy"Source: 14 of 14
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Roland Martin: Colin Kaepernick’s Grievance Is A Strong Case Against The NFL was originally published on BlackAmericaWeb.com