African Americans are once again on the losing end of a Trump administration policy—this time it’s his lax environmental regulations—according to a new study, Newsweek reported.
“In the current regulatory environment, the disproportionate burden of pollution will only increase for low-income communities and communities of color,” states the report, which is co-authored by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the Clean Air Task Force (CATF).
The report said that Blacks are 38 percent more likely to be exposed to air pollutants than Whites. That’s because Black people are 75 percent more likely to live near industrial facilities that release toxic emissions. Those finding led the NAACP and the CATF to call for better environmental rules and urge people to contact their representatives.
President Donald Trump has rescinded Obama-era environmental regulations, which ordered reductions of carbon dioxide emission and other contaminants in the air. At the same time, Trump is expanding the coal industry.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Black Folks Harmed The Most By Trump Environmental Policy was originally published on newsone.com