Our Afternoon Dish question was this:
Can a boy play with dolls and girls trucks?
- Yes it matters… I think gender roles are important- especially at that age. Once an adult, the maturity is there to understand was lines can be blurred and which ones should not. A lady should be a lady and a man should conduct himself as a man and it’s starts in the home.
- Boys can play with dolls too….shouldn’t they practice being fathers and vice versa….let kids be kids
- My son won’t play with dolls.
- Action figures yea like He-man GIJoe for boys n its cool for girls to play wit cars n tools they should know how to fix things as well
- Gender is determined by society. Let kids play with whatever they want to play with; it has no bearing on sexuality
- truth is a toy is a toy BUT theyy shape gender identity. thus there should be a good balance as to not over masculate girls and over feminate boys.