Halle Berry may be reeling from her third divorce, but she’s still Halle Berry and she’s got to go to work. This week, she appeared at a special Black Women Of Bond event sponsored by Essence Magazine and at a benefit for the Jenesse Center, the battered women’s shelter she’s been associated with for years. When asked how she was feeling in light of her latest divorce, Berry told Extra she’s hanging in there. See the video below:
The 49-year-old sexy Hollywood icon is ready to celebrate her 50th birthday in August. “I am not going to be defined by that number. Yeah, it’s coming. Yeah, so what? I am not going to be defined by that 5-0.” Berry and her husband Oliver Martinez married in France in 2013 after a three year courtship. The two share a 2-year-old son, Maceo.
Though it has been reported that one of the issues in the relationship was Martinez’ desire to return to his native France (Berry has to be based in California due to the custody arrangement with her ex and daughter’s father Gabriel Aubry) other reports say the actor has no plans to move abroad and is seeking joint custody of his son.
Another sticking point in the marriage may have been Martinez’ stalled career – since moving to America full-time, he’s worked sporadically. Berry has a movie coming out next year and is working on a legal drama for CBS after her first TV show Extant was cancelled by the network after two seasons.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
26 photos Launch gallery
1. Mike Epps
1 of 26
2. Dwayne Wade
2 of 26
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou
3 of 26
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.
4 of 26
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey
5 of 26
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.
6 of 26
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose
7 of 26
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons
8 of 26
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce
9 of 26
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.
10 of 26
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.
11 of 26
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.
12 of 26
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.
13 of 26
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.
14 of 26
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.
15 of 26
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.
16 of 26
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?
17 of 26
18. Jill Scott
18 of 26
19. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 2017
19 of 26
20. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin
20 of 26
21. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown
21 of 26
22. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown
22 of 26
23. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs
23 of 26
24. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs
24 of 26
25. Usher & Grace Miguel
25 of 26
26. Usher & Grace Miguel
26 of 26
Halle Berry: “I’m Doing OK” [WATCH] was originally published on BlackAmericaWeb.com