There were so many engagement rings on my timeline this Christmas season! I am happy that marriage is in again, but I wondered if all the newly engaged couples were really ready for the highs and lows of marriage; so I wanted listeners to chime in with their very best advice to the newly engaged. Check out some of the funny and informative insights below:
- Don’t rush it. And don’t be so in love that you overlook the obvious because those are the things you will notice when the honeymoon is over.
- Keep God 1st
- Make sure the person isn’t already married lol …..
- Discuss finances, new and old debt, religion, world views, child rearing, faith, etc.
- It’s easy to get in and hard to get out of so be sure that that’s the person you want to spend the rest of your life with
- Strip everything about your to be mate looks money job. DO YOU STILL LOVE THEM. all that’s left is personality
- Keep ya business to yourself. No family, no bffs , no bros. You are committed to each other now so no outside confidences. Solidarity is important for bonding.
- Please go to couples counseling for about 5 visits than spiritual counseling
- Don’t do it lol