Michelle Obama came dressed even more boldly than the words in POTUS’ speech. Amongst a sea of black and blue, FLOTUS stood out, brighter than the vision for our future, in marigold. Coming full circle and staying true to her fashion roots, FLOTUS arrived wearing Narciso Rodriguez. The dress is already sold out at Neiman Marcus.
Rodriguez’s fitted sleeveless dress showed off Michelle’s famous toned arms and was on trend in a midi length. The textured wool crepe material as well as the slight funnel neckline were important details to create sophisticated style.
Her classiness shined not only on the outside, but also within: Michelle Obama left a seat empty next to her to honor victims of gun violence. This woman is everything.
She wore the designer to her first State of the Union address in 2009.
She also wore Rodriguez on election night in 2008. Maybe this designer is her good luck style charm?
Narciso Rodriguez is a New York based designer of Cuban heritage. He is the first Council Of Fashion Designers Of America, designer, to win the Womenswear Designer Of The Year Award two years in a row.
As if she good not ascend any higher, the Queen added even more royalty to her look by donning a purple coat as she exited the building with President of the United States, Barack Obama.
What do you think of her look? Sound off below!
- Guess Who Michelle Obama Would Want To Be If She Wasn’t Michelle Obama? (Hint: She Has A Beyhive)
- Does First Lady Michelle Obama Have a Future in Rap?
A Look Back: Michelle Obama’s Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.1 of 6
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.2 of 6
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.3 of 6
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.4 of 6
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.5 of 6
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.6 of 6
Michelle Obama Sticks To Her Style Roots For The 2016 State Of The Union Address was originally published on hellobeautiful.com