Ice Cube hasn’t been shy about his disapproval of the Academy Awards.
But the West Coast legend admitted earlier this month that he’s not fazed by #OscarsSoWhite, he’s only interested in making movies for the fans. Cube may be taking a step in that direction and gearing up to run his own studio, according to his latest interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
“[Hollywood] ain’t cool enough yet. Cool people still have a hard time showing what they got in Hollywood. And I’ve been fighting my whole career to show a different side. But there’s not enough Ice Cubes out there. There’s not enough Ice Cubes getting a chance to do their thing,” he told the site.
Fresh off the success of Straight Outta Compton and Ride Along 2, the actor says it’s his turn to be behind the scenes and give people opportunities, saying, “I’m ready to run a studio. I’m ready to green light movies, and be in it to win it.”
Check out what else Ice Cube had to say about the film industry and the rest of his interview here.
SOURCE: Hollywood Reporter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The 2016 All Def Movie Awards Red Carpet
1. Lira Galore highlighted her killer body in a green skirt and top set.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Pretty in pink. Laura Govan paired a white jumpsuit with a satin pink overcoat.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Eva Marcille's skin was glowing in a coral gown with a halter neckline.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Cassie was all smiles as her lighter locks made their first carpet debut.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Erica Mena opted for the combo of lace and sheer. Are you feeling it?Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Snoop Lion stayed true to his style and kept things chill. Instead of Chucks, he arrived in a pair of Yeezys.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Malaysia Pargo put it all out there in a revealing number with stud accents.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Comedian Gary Owen came out to support Russell Simmons' All Def Digital.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. "Straight Outta Compton" won big. Congrats to Ice Cube and O'Shea Jackson, Jr.!Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Tami Roman posed for the cameras in stripes.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. Looking suave, Michael Ealy.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Nick Cannon chose to cover his head in a fedora for the event.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Sanaa Lathan wins our vote for best-dresssed.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Marlon Wayans suited up and accessorized with a pair of shades on the black carpet.Source:Getty 14 of 14
Ice Cube On Hollywood: “It Ain’t Cool Enough Yet…I’m Ready To Run A Studio” was originally published on globalgrind.com