Nickelodeon has been a staple in adolescent culture for almost 40 years, and the network is still breaking barriers and making history today.
A new Nick show called The Loud House just introduced its first-ever biracial gay couple. In an upcoming episode of the show, which centers around the life of Lincoln Loud and his ten sisters, the couple – Harold and Howard McBride (voiced by Wayne Brady and Michael McDonald) – are taking their son, Clyde McBride, to a slumber party at the Loud house.
The Daily Mail reports:
The show’s innovative scene is heralded by Loud telling McBride: ‘It’s time to make history!’ just as the McBride parents ring his doorbell.
The scene focuses on how McBride’s parents are extremely overprotective of their son and shows them handing Loud a sleeping bag, pajamas, a white noise machine, a humidifier, a dehumidifier, earplugs, inhaler and so on.
The amusing scene makes no fanfare about the couple’s sexuality but instead draws attention to the couple’s cautious nature.
Despite the haters, social media had some positive responses to the ground-breaking episode:
The episode, called “Overnight Success,” is set to air Wednesday, July 20th on Nick.
SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
1. Karrueche and niece Samira joins Christina Millian and daughter Violet for some snaps on the orange carpet.1 of 12
2. Zendaya gets a kickstart on the orange carpet wearing Chanel pumps with her Oscar de la Renta outfit2 of 12
3. Chris Rock and family at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards3 of 12
4. Kaley Cuoco in Rebecca Minkoff4 of 12
5. Pia Mia denim poses in a denim getup5 of 12
6. Look who's all grown up: Madison Pettis at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards6 of 12
7. Travis Barker and family are rock on for the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards7 of 12
8. Pharrell and his hat in a custom Adidas firebird jacket with wife Helen8 of 12
9. LL Cool J shows some love to his daughter on the orange carpet9 of 12
10. Tia Mowry is a beauty in blue Valentino10 of 12
11. Lea Michele wears Elie Saab and is bangin' with a new haircut11 of 12
12. Ariana Grande in Aiisha Ramadan and a Rugrat Chanel clutch12 of 12
Watch: Nickelodeon Makes History (And Causes Controversy) With First Interracial Gay Cartoon Couple was originally published on globalgrind.com