Tyler Chancellor was in training to become a coach at 9Round, a kickboxing gym in Chattanooga. Over the weekend while attending an event NewsChannel 9 sponsors he was invited to sit with coworkers in the VIP sections of the Camp Jordan arena.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to 25 News, Chancellor sat while the national anthem played, but didn’t expect to be fired for it. He wasn’t even on payroll for over a week and the owner on Monday told him not to come back to work. Chancellor was shocked and told the news station, “Me being a minority in this society, I chose to stand up for what I believe in — well, not actually stand up, but sit down for what I believe in.”
He also mentioned that he wasn’t the only minority sitting while the anthem played. The owner of the facility has always been dedicated to hold the military and first responders to the highest standards and believed Chancellor was being disrespectful. Although Chancellor isn’t allowed to take legal action because of certain rules and laws he mentioned he doesn’t regret what he did.
Celebrities That Have Taken A Knee [PHOTOS]
1. DiddySource: 1 of 14
2. Uzo AdubaSource: 2 of 14
3. ZendayaSource: 3 of 14
4. Savion WrightSource: 4 of 14
5. Jesse WilliamsSource: 5 of 14
6. Stevie WonderSource: 6 of 14
7. John LegendSource: 7 of 14
8. Yara ShahidiSource: 8 of 14
9. Ava DuVernaySource: 9 of 14
10. Samuel L. JacksonSource: 10 of 14
11. Lee DanielsSource: 11 of 14
12. Tracee Ellis RossSource: 12 of 14
13. Pharrell WilliamsSource: 13 of 14
14. Jason Winston George & the cast of “Grey’s Anatomy”Source: 14 of 14
Man Fired From Job After Sitting During National Anthem [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com