Details of Kim Porter‘s funeral were trickling out just days after the model and actress was found dead in her California home. The 47-year-old mother of four died on Thursday after reportedly suffering from flu-like symptoms that may have stemmed from pneumonia.
Sean “Diddy” Combs, who said he and Porter were “soulmates,” has reportedly pulled out all the stops for her grand homegoing, which was expected to be held in her native Columbus, Georgia, on Saturday, according to TMZ. As such, Bishop T.D. Jakes was reportedly going to “conduct the service.”
PICTURES: Kim Porter’s Life In Photos
But that was only the beginning of the planned “extravagant ceremony,” including the possibility of a horse-drawn carriage pulling Porter’s casket, TMZ reported. Porter’s mother was reportedly buried in Columbus.
As details for the funeral got sorted, out, it was still unclear how exactly Porter died. An autopsy performed over the weekend did not reveal any certain cause of death, according to a report from USA TODAY.
“The cause of death was deferred pending additional tests,” Sarah Ardalani, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County office of the medical examiner-coroner, told USA TODAY on Monday. An official determination for what caused Porter to die “may take weeks.”
BET News seemed to attribute Porter’s death to the flu, but most of the online reports were hinged on speculation instead of fact in a case that has captured the attention of both ardent and casual fans of the mother of four.
Members of Porter’s family offered a glimpse into what happened in the days before her death.
“She told me she felt better and that the doctor had been to her house and he gave her an antibiotic,” Porter’s grandmother Lila Mae Star reportedly said Saturday while recalling a conversation with her granddaughter on Wednesday.
Her oldest son, Quincy, described himself in part as “broken.”
Porter’s death sent shock waves across social media and especially resonated with fans of Diddy, who had a romantic relationship with Porter. The two had three biological children together, with Diddy raising Quincy with Porter.
Diddy posted a message about Porter to his Instagram account, writing, “For the last three days I’ve been trying to wake up out of this nightmare. But I haven’t. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you baby. I miss you so much. Today I’m going to pay tribute to you, I’m going to try and find the words to explain our unexplainable relationship. We were more than best friends, we were more than soulmates.”
In Memoriam: Notable Deaths In 2018
1. Richard Overton, 112Source:Getty 1 of 39
2. Aretha Franklin, 76Source:Getty 2 of 39
3. Charles Weldon, 783 of 39
4. Nancy Wilson, 81Source:Getty 4 of 39
5. Willie Naulls, 84Source:Getty 5 of 39
6. Olivia Hooker, 103Source:Getty 6 of 39
7. Kim Porter, 47Source:Getty 7 of 39
8. Willie McCovey, 80Source:false 8 of 39
9. Ntozake Shange, 70Source:false 9 of 39
10. George Taliaferro, 91Source:false 10 of 39
11. Otis Rush, 84Source:Getty 11 of 39
12. George Walker, 96Source:Getty 12 of 39
13. Kofi Annan, 80Source:WENN 13 of 39
14. Ron Dellums, 83Source:false 14 of 39
15. Angela Bowen, 82Source:false 15 of 39
16. Joe Jackson, 89Source:Getty 16 of 39
17. XXXTentacion, 20Source:Getty 17 of 39
18. Neal Boyd, 42Source:Getty 18 of 39
19. Dorothy Cotton, 88Source:Getty 19 of 39
20. Jalal Mansur Nuriddin, 74Source:Getty 20 of 39
21. Dovey Johnson Roundtree, 104Source:false 21 of 39
22. Velvalea Rodgers 'Vel' Phillips, 94Source:false 22 of 39
23. Doris Ward, 86Source:Getty 23 of 39
24. Yvonne Staples, 80Source:Getty 24 of 39
25. Cecil Taylor, 89Source:Getty 25 of 39
26. Donald McKayle, 87Source:Getty 26 of 39
27. Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, 81Source:Getty 27 of 39
28. Linda Brown, 76Source:Getty 28 of 39
29. Les Payne, 76Source:false 29 of 39
30. Floyd J. Carter, Sr., 95Source:Getty 30 of 39
31. Ensa Cosby, 44Source:false 31 of 39
32. Lerone Bennett Jr., 89Source:Getty 32 of 39
33. Reg E. CatheySource:Getty 33 of 39
34. Lovebug Starski, 57Source:Getty 34 of 39
35. Olivia Cole, 75Source:Getty 35 of 39
36. Wyatt Tee Walker, 88Source:Getty 36 of 39
37. Jesse 'Smiley' RutlandSource:WENN 37 of 39
38. Hugh Masekela, 78Source:Getty 38 of 39
39. Edwin Hawkins, 74Source:Getty 39 of 39
Diddy Reportedly Taps TD Jakes To Lead An ‘Extravagant’ Funeral For Kim Porter was originally published on newsone.com