Olympic Gold medalist Gabrielle Douglas is widely known for her stellar athletic performance at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics, but this time the pint size athlete will be on the other side of the judging table, as she joins the celebrity panel in the 2017 Miss America Pageant, alongside Ciara, Mark Cuban, Sage Steele and Chris Harrison.
Gabby talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about missing out on the 2016 VMAs, if she’ll compete in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo and much more.
How has her diet changed since Rio?
“They tell us not to eat junk, but the first thing I wanted when I got back to the States was pizza. So I like to splurge a little bit.”
What she’s looking for on stage at the Miss America Pageant:
“My one thing is confidence. I’ll be the nice one.”
The 2017 Miss America Pageant airs on ABC at 9p EST. Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
- President Obama Cancels Meeting With Philippines President For Calling Him a ‘Son Of A B***h’
- Olympic Gold Medalist Simone Biles to Publish Memoir
- This Travi$ Scott & Brian McKnight Promo Video Is The Best Thing You’ll See Today
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Best In Black: Meet The Athletes At The 2016 Olympics
1. Tennis' Sloane Stephens1 of 19
2. Women's Basketball star Tamika Catchings2 of 19
3. Allyson Felix3 of 19
4. Wrestler Jordan Burroughs and NBA's Draymond Green and Paul George4 of 19
5. Carmelo Anthony5 of 19
6. Kyrie Irving6 of 19
7. Simone Biles7 of 19
8. Tina Charles and Brittney Griner8 of 19
9. DeMar DeRozan9 of 19
10. Simone Biles10 of 19
11. Kevin Durant11 of 19
12. Women's Gymnastics12 of 19
13. Serena Williams13 of 19
14. Kyle Lowry14 of 19
15. Brittney Griner15 of 19
16. Simone Biles16 of 19
17. Gabby Douglas17 of 19
18. Serena Williams18 of 19
19. Simone Biles19 of 19
(Photo Source: Courtesy/PR Photos)
Gabby Douglas Says She’ll Be The ‘Nice’ Judge At The 2017 Miss America Pageant was originally published on blackamericaweb.com