Venus Williams is a staple when it comes to Black women pushing the culture forward, but her latest comments have fans questioning their loyalty.
Earlier this week, Serena Williams received praise for using her voice to speak out against police brutality in a heartfelt post she shared on Facebook, promising she “won’t be silent.”
When a reporter asked Venus about her sister’s commendable stance, she replied, “I haven’t seen the post. I think all lives matter, so I can’t comment.”
That’s all Twitter needed to hear to let Venus feel the wrath:
“All Lives Matter” is a controversial and close-minded phrase used to ignore the Black Lives Matter movement.
So Venus Williams proves that just because you share parents, doesn’t mean you share beliefs.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
- Here’s a First Look at the ‘New Edition’ Miniseries Trailer! [VIDEO]
- Janet Jackson Spotted With Growing Baby Bump
- Bell Biv DeVoe Is Back With Their First New Video In 15 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘magicbaltimore’
Serena & Venus Williams' Best Tennis Outfits Through The Years
1. Remember when...Serena and Venus came onto the scene in the late 1990s wearing beads and braids?Source:Getty 1 of 25
2. Serena sports one of her classic Puma tennis dresses at the 1999 US OpenSource:Getty 2 of 25
3. Venus rocks a cutout tennis dress at the 1999 Grand Slam CupSource:Getty 3 of 25
4. A young Serena Williams wears a two-tone tennis dress at the 2000 Australian OpenSource:Getty 4 of 25
5. Venus rocks one of her signature cutout tennis outfits at Wimbledon in 2000Source:Getty 5 of 25
6. Serena goes pastel purple at the eStyle.Com Classic in 2000Source:Getty 6 of 25
7. Venus and Serena looked super stylish at the 2000 Sydney OlympicsSource:Getty 7 of 25
8. Serena is pretty in pink 2001 French OpenSource:Getty 8 of 25
9. Venus rocks a spaghetti strap halter at the 2001 US OpenSource:Getty 9 of 25
10. Serena celebrates her 2002 Wimbledon win in a traditional (but not-so-traditional) white tennis outfitSource:Getty 10 of 25
11. Serena is just a peach at the 2002 Home Depot ChampionshipsSource:Getty 11 of 25
12. Serena's orange and white 2003 Wimbledon Puma outfitSource:Getty 12 of 25
13. Serena rocks a metallic empire waist at the Women's Telecom Italia Tennis Masters in 2004Source:Getty 13 of 25
14. Serena wins in her gorgeous 2004 Wimbledon outfitSource:Getty 14 of 25
15. Serena rocks a denim tennis outfit at the 2004 US open Arthur Ashe Kids' DaySource:Getty 15 of 25
16. Serena celebrates in this cute Nike ensemble at the 2005 Australian OpenSource:Getty 16 of 25
17. Serena experiments with a little color blocking at the 2009 French OpenSource:Getty 17 of 25
18. Venus gets sexy on the court at the 2010 Sony Ericsson OpenSource:Getty 18 of 25
19. Venus rocks a double slit tennis dress while playing with her sister at the 2010 Australian OpenSource:Getty 19 of 25
20. Serena goes pink on pink at the 2013 US OpenSource:Getty 20 of 25
21. Serena looks gorgeous in Pink Cheetah at the 2014 US OpenSource:Getty 21 of 25
22. More cheetah for Serena at the 2014 US OpenSource:Getty 22 of 25
23. Serena wears a yellow crop top at the 2016 Australian OpenSource:Getty 23 of 25
24. Serena and Venus get braided up in preparation for Rio OlympicsSource:Getty 24 of 25
25. Serena Williams represents Team USA at the 2016 Rio OlympicsSource:Getty 25 of 25
Venus Williams Says All Lives Matter And Twitter Goes Ballistic was originally published on globalgrind.com