Will Smith will produce Uptown Saturday Night via his Overbrook banner.
“Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner”, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The original starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the movie.
Fresh off his massive hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which grossed over $960 million and is set for a sequal, Kevin Hart also has another comedy starring opposite Tiffany Haddish called Night School in the works as well.
Are you excited for this remake? Check out clips from the 1974 original below!
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — March 1, 2021: Trump’s Back — Cuomo Under Fire — Covid-19 Relief Package
- InspireHER Awards: Nominate A Woman You Know Is Making A Difference
- Baltimore County Offering Uber Rides To Residents Who Need Transportation To Vaccination Sites
- Baltimore Police Fatally Shoot Suspect Near The Inner Harbor
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — February 26, 2021: Biden Visits Texas — Black Women Recognized — Coronavirus Update
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Eddie Murphy Details His Iconic Basketball Match Against Prince
- Dr. Dre Has Requested A Trial To Decide If His Prenup Is Valid
- Rest In Power Haroun Wakil: Atlanta Activist Who Promoted Community Policing Dies
- Mr. Potato Head Has Changed Its Name to Just Potato Head as a Gender-Neutral Toy
Kevin Hart to Star in ‘Uptown Saturday Night’ Remake Produced By Will Smith was originally published on rnbphilly.com