Jill Scott busted into the music industry with a huge first release Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1 in 2000 right in the midst of the neo-soul movement. Scott grew up in a single parent household in Philadelphia and was known for her poetic talent and writing abilities gaining her the nickname Jilly from Philly.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Capturing an instant fan base with her amazing vocals and lyrical abilities that were poetic, Scott’s debut album went 2x platinum in the US and produced four chart-topping singles. Scott has since released four more solo albums Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2 in 2004, The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3 in 2007, The Light of the Sun in 2011 and Woman in 2015. But in 2004 Scott showed us that she was much more than a vocalist debuting her acting skills In Cavedweller.
Scott is 46 years old and is still touring and amazing us with her natural acting abilities. That’s why we’re highlighting Miss Jilly Scott for Black Music Month 2018.
What’s your favorite Jill Scott song? Comment below.
Relive the moment with these Top 5 Jill Scott videos below:
1. A Long Walk
2. So In Love
3. The Way
5. Gettin’ In The Way
- ‘Saved By the Bell’ Alum Joins ABC’s ‘Mixed-ish’
- Dwyane Wade On His Son Attending Miami Pride: ‘My Role As A Father Is To Support My Kids’
- Outrage Soars After LAPD Reportedly Fired On Unarmed Black Father 37 Times
- GED Section: Men Should Not Tell Women What To Do With Their Bodies
- ‘Expert’ Says It Was ‘Reasonable’ For Cops To Shoot And Kill Man Sleeping In His Car [Video]
- $1 Billion Worth Of Cocaine Seized In Philadelphia Shipping Yard
- Living Single Without Maxine Shaw? The Show’s Creator Says it Almost Happened
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Won’t Get Into Harvard After Racist Posts Surface
- DL’s Top 10 Bad Habits You Should Break Right Now
- GED Section: There Is A Flaw In The Police System