It’s been reported that former Cleveland Browns player Chris Smith passed away. He was 31.
Our condolences go out to his friends, family, and teammates.
Smith was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2014. He played for the Browns in 2018 and 2019. He’s survived by his daughter Haven Harris Smith. Smith lost his child’s mother and girlfriend to a car accident on I-90 in the fall of 2019.
Smith’s career in the NFL also spanned the Cincinnati Bengals, Las Vegas Raiders, and Houston Texans.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The news of Smith’s passing was first posted to his former high school’s Twitter account. He’s since been recognized by numerous former teammates on social media, including current Browns tight end David Njoku.
The details of Smith’s death have yet to be revealed. This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Special K News You Can’t Use: Nicknames Gone Too Far [LISTEN]
- Canada’s New Cigarette Warning Strategy; Who Wants To Boycott LEGO’s; & A Baltimore Man Sets The Bar in Bar Exam
- Shannon Sharpe Leaving Undisputed with Skip Bayless After Seven Years
- Woman Killed, Three Injured In Head On Crash In Hanover
- Teyana Taylor’s Promo Pics For Her Jordan Collaboration Features Generations Of Royal Flyness
- Savannah James Shines At The Los Angeles Premiere Of ‘Shooting Stars’
- Zach Edey Withdraws from NBA Draft, Returns to Purdue
- Basketball Legend God Shammgod Inspires His Son and The Next Generation of Players
- Former Professional Basketball Player God Shammgod Doesn’t Let Pain Slow Down His Game
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
Former Browns Player Chris Smith, 31, Has Passed Away was originally published on wzakcleveland.com