Mary J. Blige just can’t catch a break.
Just a day after making headlines for her extremely awkward commercial with Hillary Clinton, the Queen of Hip Hop Soul’s divorce drama continues.
According to reports, Mary’s lawyer, Gary Fishbein, filed docs asking the judge to give her prenup the stamp of approval because she’s worried that the lawyer for her estranged husband, Kendu Issacs, denigrated it by calling it “immensely invalid, unenforceable and unconscionable.”
When Mary filed for divorce back in July, she asked the judge to block Isaacs’ bid for spousal support. The star says that the prenup they drew out on December 5th, 2003 lays out who gets what, and if the judge throws it out, things could get messier than they already are.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
- The First Clip Of BET’s New Edition Miniseries Has Arrived + Official Release Date
- Denzel Washington & Viola Davis Give Oscar-Worthy Performances In ‘Fences’ Trailer
- Bell Biv DeVoe Is Back With Their First New Video In 15 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘magicbaltimore’
12 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11
Mary J. Blige’s Divorce Drama Continues Over Prenup Dispute was originally published on globalgrind.com