Wondering why Mary J. Blige
was trending on Twitter shortly after the presidential debate
? We have the answer — and it’s not pretty. The R&B icon dropped a new promo for her new show, “The 411 with Mary J. Blige”, which premieres September 30
with an interview with Hillary Clinton
.The ad, which is kinda, sorta shot like those Apple Music commercials MJB did with Kerry Washington
and Taraji P. Henson
, is about as awkward as anything we’ve ever seen, beginning with Mary’s strange serenade to a stiff-looking Clinton with a song she wrote about police brutality.
I mean, we appreciate the sentiment, but…what?
Twitter is scratching it’s collective head, too:
Sadly, this is going to cut into the glow of Hillary’s pretty much universally-praised debate performance on Monday night just a little bit, but don’t worry, Hilly and Mary, we still love ya.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews:
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO: Getty
Also On Magic 95.9:
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Denzel and Pauletta Washington
1 of 10
2. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson
2 of 10
3. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peet
3 of 10
4. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict
4 of 10
5. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith
5 of 10
6. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee
6 of 10
7. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe
7 of 10
8. Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert
8 of 10
9. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker
9 of 10
10. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Morris
10 of 10